- What’s the sub-prime fiasco all about? This article in Fortune magazine explains how Wall Street managed to put lipstick on a pig.
- Though the Canadian dollar has slid back from its nose-bleed levels, investors who have significant direct exposure to foreign equities are likely feeling the pain. Rob Carrick suggests ideas for positioning your portfolio for different scenarios for our dollar.
- The Star’s James Daw says there are bargains to be had in preferred shares.
- The National Capital Financial Bloggers Association met recently. Along with the blogger behind Michael James on Money, Larry MacDonald of Investment Ideas Blog, Canadian Financial Stuff, Canadian Money Blogs Reviewer and Dividend Matters met to discuss stories from the investment trenches.
- Periodically, the big banks runs into trouble and when they do it usually is a good time to invest in them. Thicken My Wallet wonders if this is such a time.
- Canadian Dream: Free at 45 celebrated his first anniversary of blogging. Congratulations and we wish him many more years of happy blogging.
- Canadian Banks and Insurance posted a preview of the upcoming earnings parade from our big banks.
- Canadian Financial DIY weighs in with his opinion on the supposed superiority on Fundamental indexing over traditional indexing.
- A Million Dollar Journey reader shares his experience with investing in second mortgages.
- Four Pillars looks at Individual and Family plans as part of his big, fat RESP series.
- Loonies and Sense compares RESP and RRSP with the corresponding US savings plans.
- The Financial Blogger shares five tips to save money on Christmas gifts.
Have a nice weekend!