In the following interview, Warren Buffett talks about the David Sokol affair, the economy and why Berkshire isn’t paying a dividend. If you can’t view the video, click here.
Hat tip to Canadian Financial Stuff for the video above.
- In a chat with Smart Money magazine, Dan Ariely, a behavioural economics expert, talks about how our emotions get in the way of making rational financial decisions. Another article in the same magazine explains behavioural economics and Dan Ariely’s work.
- In addition to being a great investor, Warren Buffett also has a way with words. Here are the 15 best things Warren Buffett has ever said about investing according to Business Insider.
- Should investors consider yield when picking an ETF? Million Dollar Journey weighs in here.
- Michael James highlighted a paper that examined indexing, closet indexing, fees and performance.
- Thicken My Wallet explains why it is not a great idea to keep a will in a safe deposit box.
- Commodity prices have been tumbling for the past couple of weeks. Kevin Press of Today’s Economy Blog takes at a look at what this means for the Canadian economy and the stock market.
- Larry Swedroe once again reminds us why investing in hedge funds isn’t such a great idea in light of the Rajaratnam scandal.
- The Blunt Bean Counter digs up data that shows that funds in a RRSP are often tapped under financial duress.
- In this excellent post, Financial Uproar weighs in on who should sell their homes and rent in light of frothy valuations in some housing markets.
- Bixi, a bike rental service originated in Montreal and has now spread its wings to many cities across the world. Now that is is launching in Toronto, Mike Holman wonders if Bixi will succeed in the Big Smoke.