I started blogging about personal finance matters exactly one year ago with a post on Aeroplan miles. The blog has come a long way since then: more than 250 posts, over 22,000 visitors and my 15 microseconds of fame on The Toronto Star and MoneySense.ca.
I would like to sincerely thank my readers for their comments, kind words via email and for just stopping by. Shameless plug alert! If you wouldn’t mind, I would appreciate it if you would tell your friends to stop by. Thanks for your support. I would also like to thank the community of personal finance bloggers from whom I have learnt a lot.
In appreciation, I am giving away one hardcover copy of the excellent book, A Random Walk Down Wall Street. In my opinion, it is one the best books on investing and would be a great addition to any bookshelf.
How to Enter:
- Leave a comment with your email address in this thread or email me at ccapitalist-at-yahoo-dot-ca with “One Year Giveaway” in the subject with your guess of the last two digits of the closing value of the S&P / TSX Composite Index on Friday, December 2, 2005, as published in the TSX website. For example, if the TSX Composite closes at 10,918.38, the entry with the number closest to 38 would be the winner. Ties would be broken based on which entry I received first. If there is still a tie, it would be broken by a random draw.
- No Purchase Necessary. The contest is only open to residents of Canada and the continental United States who are of legal age. Contest closes on Thursday, December 1, 2005 at 11:59 P.M. EST. Limit one entry per person. Approximate value of the prize is $35.
- The winner will be chosen on December 3, 2005. All decisions are final and cannot be appealed. I reserve the right to make any changes to the rules that I deem necessary.
- The winner of the contest will provide me with a name and mailing address (within 5 days), which will only be used for shipping the prize. I will not use the email addresses entered in the contest for any other purposes other than contacting the winner of the contest.
- By entering this contest, entrants release me from any liability in connection with this contest or, if declared winner, the prize.
So, what are you waiting for? Send me your entry for the chance to win a free book!